Father, can you lift me from this edge?
The hands I felt, the grip would melt to a silver pair
But some time, in a place far from here, I fear
There’s a future where ambition is a shaking shivering stare
And you’ve lost all senses, but you taste those wasted years
Father, please forgive me so
I’d spend those nights, in the orchards, and write to a girl
I’d wait for hours, building her towers
And I’d find a series of stars for her balcony
All for those villa lights, below, and alone in the hills
Father, there’s an ache in my head
There’s a space in my bed, where I will not rest
I’ve gone for hours, the moon’s lost its power
And I’d rather sleep where the sky’s have no keep over me
Let me float from this edge, and over those hills
No comments:
Post a Comment