I sit in torn despair as I am reminded of loves that I miss. I remember the little things that come to mind head and warm my heart. In the present day, individuals, and peoples of the United States Of America try and go about their daily lives. Yet a beast lurks in the underbelly. That underbelly is in effect our political structure.
Although the strain we struggle everyday. we struggle with going to work. We struggle with our marriage, to stay on the faithful and loving path. We struggle with ourselves deciding the everyday conscious decision that cone up. We have made mistakes and now we are suffering for them. In the wake of 9/11 61 percent though our country was changing for the better. But still the snake lies in the garden and has not only tempted us has hogtied us, into the lies that they spill about caring for us or our country. Instead there real agenda is to “win” they want their party to rule even at the expense of the people.
In what is known by other names but I will name these times as “ The Meanest of Times” , those who want and remember liberty try to find solace. I am no exception. As our hearts weigh heavy on us the things that we see and seek however little give us hope. A hope that there still is a way.
The other day I was in the local music store. Not to far from the Borders Book Store where I am currently writing this. I was there to purchase a new Bass guitar. I have been working to save up for this, and Now having enough cash I went to purchase it. However I was entering into a nightmare with this ordeal. I suppose commonsense dictates that when you buy something like an article of clothing, you pay for it and you walk out of the store and you try them on or wait a few days and wear them to work. The same is true for something like a new LED Tv. When you walk out of best buy and get home you should be able to hook it up and let her rip. Common sense did not succeed in this battle. This was due to a person who is sitting at a warehouse and all he does is use a forklift takes the instrument sticks a label on it and it’s off to UPS. This is just like the way it is in Washington. We believe the lies, vote for a color instead of character and what ensues is absolutely crappy leadership that is full of deceit, selfishness, and utter stupidity.
However in this wake. I now begin to tell of the lighter side of things. Wile holding my what was suppose to be Five string Bass. I now hold a four string in my hands. It’s carved solid body attached to a light maple neck. This begins my memories. As I hold my Bass I remember Simon & Patrick Luthiers. They are one of my favorite brands. They are own by Godin Guitars and their based in canada but they are assembled in New Hampshire. They have a big connection with their product not only in the making of but with the customers as well. I remember holding one and the neck made from Silver Leaf Maple witch is found in Canada started a string of memories that make my heart flutter with hope and the desire to help in overcoming the struggles.
The wood little grains reminded me of the fall that once again has slipped by me. In doing so the local globe from my home has an article of fall activities that should be done in New England. This coupled with the wood reminded me of fleece. My fleece vest thats not only I but a big majority of New Englanders wear when the greatest season starts to befall the region. The days grow chili, but sunny, and the colors of Autumn come in to view. We start to get out our turtlenecks, and our L.L Bean boots, and join with friends and family. I remember the coming of Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte, and as for the bikers out there and those asphalt kings, the roads still welcome their company. Although when it hits 50 degrees for those who don’t ride it’s about time to stow your chrome lady away for the winter. 50 is 40 in riders temp due to the exposure so wile it’s still 60 during the day the ride is still on. This time of year folks around might know of the Lazy Lion up in New Hampshire. What a great place to enjoy during the fall. It’s under new bosses now but still the place is great. I remember the last time I was there in the fall and knowing I will see it again gives me a little more resolve and makes my heart beat a little easier.
Even when working in the fall, when in New England it can’t go all bad. Gridlock traffic paves way for a nice look at the foliage happening and the ancient trees sway with the hollowed wind. The Pumpkin chucking with the Trebuchets near Peterson, and the events going on at the historical Salem Mass. The fall classic, and pumpkin picking with your folks, and the road trips with your closest friends to North Conway, and Sabago Lake. Those are the memories and reasons to be resolved and to hold on an struggle for those little things and those special times hang on and start to ask questions, demand true answers, and demand character, liberty, fairness, and freedom. Hold on and make those things become closer to being realized because with out those things, our future of fleece will be jeopardized, and our hearts will fall, like a colored leave from a fall struck tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment