Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome To the Swamp

As the doors to the port open, the wave of humidity rushes at me. Jee what a surprise, as I now have trouble breathing. No clouds in the blue sky, two wheel drive trucks rolling by. Certainly not much has changed here.
I call it the other world. A place trapped in a sandbox, or rotting vegetation, both are valid options. Driving home we catch up on life outside the swamp. I pull up to that familiar stucco covered building. I look around; the place is rather empty. The holly Berry tree is in bloom, a sign f the coming season. At least my place is clean, I make sure everything is there.
You know that night I dinned on pop cord and a nutrtigrain bar. I had to go to the grocery store. Around town it’s all the same, all the familiar sights. I was thinking that they were way more familiar than I wanted them to be., but oh well a deals a deal. I went for a couple of errands and got back; sunny rides well, much better than dads ranger, he’d better get that fixed before X-Mas, guess now sunny is a southern bell. So I get home and what happens, sun goes away and BAM! Down pour, welcome to the swamp.
I kind of have this thing with hygiene (laughs) I didn’t really need braces as a kid but my mom wanted me to get them for cosmetic reasons. It paid off pretty well. Then come the white teeth, and boy till this day I guess I have it down to an exact science. Big mouth guy, especially in my craft I mean having white teeth on stage is pretty damn important. I guess it’s part of my shtick you know I take my health pretty seriously and I think people who take care of themselves have more respect for themselves as well.
I think what made me think of my smile was how I was a younger kid. I think part of me being a religious person is the fact that I remember how bad and mean I was to my parents, especially my mom. I guess it was just growing plain stuff but I think it’s just one of those things that is a constant reminder. I hit my mom once not like punched her or anything but I did it in front of some kids I went to school with, even verbally. I remember there was this time when my mom would come home late. I got pretty jealous and thought it was some kind of affair between her, witch obviously turned out to be ridiculous and from the get go completely false, but I left a message on her machine at work basically blasting her, and I remember her being so hurtful, and I never forgot that. I mean I did this to like my best friend, the person that gave me this chance at the game called Life. I guess we all were young. It was just one of those things that stuck with me, guess it was kind of this wake up call even though it wouldn’t wake me up until later on in life. One of the things I hold in high regard id respect for ones parents. Especially this day in age we are increasingly adverse to our parents. Maybe it’s because parents can’t discipline their kids like they use to do. Hey I wasn’t a a millennium kid I was before the west coast invasion of Nirvana, and Sound garden, parents still gave their kids a slap now and then.
Now a days you tell someone that your parents smacked your ass and they end up asking how you rebelled against it; During this time I can do nothing but give wry smile. I still hug my old man in public, and my mom is like my best friend. I look at all the things I could have became and the many people I didn’t want to become. Everyday I see examples of all the nothingness that I am not. For me that puts a smile on my face, You know weather better for worse loving parents help you become a better person. We try and see a little as possible of them when we are younger, and by the time we stop to turn around they stopped at the grand station.
So this week was my first week back in the Swamp. Well I can’t say it’s all bad. Talking to my mom the other day, I guess when we got our orientation I got to thinkin; I think it’s best for me, and as a matter of fact I feel in my soul or gut either way, that right now staying a bachelor is the way to go. I think that the age I am witch is very young still that things are complicated right now. I told myself that I really didn’t have time for anyone else wile I was getting my degree, and it still goes for this semester in Music buisness. Being a student especially a Full Sail one is a full time job. I fell also that this just isn’t the time yet, I’m not established I’m still running to start my journey, and the right ducks just aren’t lined up yet. Now me be able to live without being in a relationship. Well hey there is a time and place for everything, and this just isn’t my time yet. It’s going to happen but I know deep inside that it just isn’t now. I’m rather at peace with it. I like the way things are. I come and go as I please, and I’m left to my own devices. I get to concentrate on the immediate things of important like school and my Music. I’ll admit it gets hard sometimes. You love every minute of everyday that you are alive, You devote yourself to what you believe in, and make sacrifices that not a lot of people can make. But you know the payoff, in your head of why in the end it will all be worth it, for you that may not much to go on a thought, but to me it’s gold. Fot me it’s just the right thing, so welcome to the Swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment