Sunday, May 9, 2010

For Our Mothers

She washed your clothes, she made you breakfast, she changed your diaper and got a nose full of your shit. She's your number one fan. She's your mom. It may be that today of days is the day for mothers. So this post is dedicated to you mom's. Weather working or running the house, it's really a full time job. Even today kids don't understand what a good portion of you have, or had to go through to give them a chance at life. I guess it may be the media.

Usually your the one that packs the bottles, let your kids know that cheating is bad. You watch your kids grow, in the hopes that they'll hammer home that the care and love you put forth for them was all worth it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't always an angel for my mom, and that's not something I'm proud of. But I'm pretty sure I learned my lesson more than once. We owe a lot to our mothers. Most of our chance at this world. I've seen a few people in my day... and as I sit outside of Starbucks, Luthur Vandros' "Dance with my Father" just came on and it's getting me really emotional that I can't be home for mothers day.

I think the biggest thing our mothers taught us is how to love. It's their own unconditional love that I think we look for in our spouses and in the case of friends, how our bonds grow closer with them. I learned a lot about parenting form my mother. Not to say I am a dad, but hey you can't learn parenting form a book. Moms are great moral compasses for us.

So today if you hated getting kissed on the cheek right in front of the school bus, show mom you were secretly appreciative. Also to be frank, if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be here. God Bless you Mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment