I haven’t had a home cooked meal in a while. Since my dad was last here I’ve been sticking to easily preparable things. I don’t have the time to take an hour or so to cook something or make it from scratch. I even realized today that I have so little time apparently I haven’t even made a salad.
My grandpa came to visit me. It’s a real nice way to beat the isolation. Man’s almost 90 and he’s still up and about. He’ll go anywhere. Just today after we went to Denny’s, we shot to the Florida mall. I had to pick up some Teavana. I figure I would treat myself for the end of another month in the swamp. So I went and he was looking at all the tea sets. It’s good company. You get to hear all the stories to, of how things used to be. I think people are way to quick to become impatient about it. I listen because well, it shows how much choice we had and what we got away with, and now how controlled are the aspects of our lives.
I think I learned a lesson in cooking today. Well more of the lack of knowledge I actually have compared to my grandpa. We decided to eat in and cook at home. So my papa said lets go to the market. Or since he has a harsh Boston accent the “MAket”. We went a picked up a rib eye, some tomatoes and potatoes. We went back to my apartment, and watched what was left of the Golf Tournament. It was actually cool to me, I mean I was able to sit down and didn’t have to do any schoolwork I ended up not knowing what to do with myself.
So we started to go into the kitchen. I got some things ready and I started watching my papa. He did all this stuff that was so simple it was genius, the way he was cutting things, and how he disposed of rubbish. We even made homemade dressing because all the ones I had were absolutely rotten. I saw a lot of balance and flow in it. Even though I may not get any more time on my schedule. I’m pretty determined to at least get to be able to make a killer salad.
No comments:
Post a Comment