Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sleep

There are nights that I sleep well; I’ve believe most people have nights like that. But sometimes I don’t sleep well. Sometimes I do not get the peace of rest.
There are many reasons. For some nights I am awaken by a simple noise. Not any noise that is dangerous, usually people outside my window ranting and raving. Usually to ridden with booze to understand the disturbance they are making.

Sometimes I am awakened by restlessness. A restlessness that does not allow me the quickly fleeing moments of rest I need. I can imagine others who have nights the same way sometimes. They toss and turn, inside themselves knowing they are tired, but maybe their body will no let them go to sleep.

However; here are some nights that I lie awake, awake form the thing sin my head. Sometimes without warning, rooted deep in subconscious. The visions, the dreams. Dreams are good, sometimes bland, and sometimes utterly weird. But these are nightmares, visions into a dark, tragic, and frigid place. Sometimes I travel to worlds with serpents. Sometimes, I am in different places in different lands. All with this foreboding, and dark atmosphere. Such is the way of nightmares. It is in their nature to surprise, and ambush the mind.

Maybe it is the place of anger inside me, the place where all my fears lay bare, and my sins and vices reside. Locked away so none can see. I don’t want them to. I ‘ll face the terrors myself for they are mine and mine alone to bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment